This week my school is having a spirit week to lead up to our "Peppermint Paradise" dance. Today was a class colors day and my grade is green so of course I dressed up. School went well, but what I really want to talk about happened after school. We gave my friend Olivia a ride home and then went down to a beauty store to get some product for one of my Mom's clients. On our way in a grown man in a van began to visibly laugh (at me). In his defense, I was wearing a tutu, a trench coat/jacket, and bone tights all at the same time, and he probably thought that I was just some teenager trying to express myself (and seriously what is wrong with that?), but it still bothered me. I guess what I am getting at is that you shouldn't laugh at anyone, even if you are one of those people who thinks that no one can see them when they are in their car (Nose picker... I saw you!) It hurts! Luckily, this cute little Asian lady in the store said I looked cute, and I felt fine because I valued her opinion more than his. Just remember that whether you like it or not, everyone has feelings.
(note: This same thing happened to me in sixth grade too. I was wearing leg warmers and we were walking into the library, and a man stopped and said "I haven't seen leg warmers in ages!" Actually, I think I kind of made him happy, so I was okay with that. People and there trends... )
No comments:
Post a Comment