Sunday, August 21, 2011

A rant just for you. Your welcome.

This is going to be a pretty random post, so bear with me. 

1) Hannah:  Ollo! I didn't get to properly tell you how much your comment about my blog meant/means to me.  It means a lot to me that you like my blog.  Seriously, you're the coolest ever.  So thanks! If your reading this and your not Hannah and you know Hannah go say high to her, and tell her she's cool, because she is :).

2) I read THIS post today, probably three times actually, and I just want to comment how much respect I have for Lauren.  I doubt she'll ever read this, but just in case! :  I seriously read every post of hers.  Every one.  I check in to her blog before my own, or my email, or Facebook.  That's weird isn't it?  Anyway,  this post just makes me realize how much I appreciate her beautiful photos, witty comments, and creative style.  Keep her in your prayers, even if you do not regularly read her blog.  Thanks!

3) First week of school inspiration:  This inspiration post is kind of spur of the moment.  It doesn't have a theme like some of my others (yet) so it may be kind of weird.  We'll see.  This past week was my first week of high school and was totally nerve racking, scary, interesting, inspiring, strange.... too many words! I actually found that I really loved it though.  It definitely made me go outside of my comfort zone, but it all ended up being for the best.  I can't wait to see where this next week takes me!

1)

2)

3)

4)
5)

6)

7)

"Well explain it Brian"
[1] All of the pictures from my inspiration this week are from Busybeelauren's tumblr (here).  I guess this picture will serve as outfit inspiration sometime this week or maybe the next.  It's beautiful in an untypical way.  I would have used creepy, but I think that's pretty closed minded.  Really though, if you get yourself past the stereotype of a goth person, isn't it beautiful?  I wish I new what that book was too.

[2] I'm pretty sure this one speaks for itself.  The sky is capable of such amazing things. 

[3] I love drawing trees, but what other way is there besides on paper?

[4] This water color reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen.  I used to think it was tacky, isn't that sad?  But when I look at it now, I just see the intricate styles and colors of the 70's.  Yellow/greens, pale oranges and yellows, it's very different from the styles we have now.  Random thought:  my Mom and I were in Saver's the other day just looking around and we found these amazing thick pottery-ish style jars.  They were glazed over in a peach/orange color with a latch at the top.  It kind of looked like a cookie jar I guess. I seriously cannot imagine how some people bring themselves to donate this stuff!  It was probably from the 70's or early 80's.  Enough with my rant, lets move onto number 5.

[5] Again, this one speaks for itself.  I love what is actually says, but the old signage is what attracted my attention.  I love that stuff.  Yesterday I went to the theater and saw The Help.  It was amazing.  Several times during the movie I found myself diverting my attention from the screen to the crowd around me.  The theater was almost entirely full all the way from the back to the second row(people tend to stay away from the front row for obvious reasons :) People were laughing, crying, and sharing in the overwhelming emotion of being back in the incredibly racist and sometimes humiliating shoes of the help.  The movie wasn't all sad.  There was most definitely room for laughter and joy amongst the sorrow.   I have one complaint.  There was a lot of swearing.  Anyway, what actually brought this up was a thought I had about the work it took to take Jackson, Mississippi back to the 60's.  They film people actually brought in a huge crew of people to work on the actual town of Jackson and turn it back to the time period.  Some people witnessing the transformation actually said they remembered what it was like in the 60's and that it was amazing to see it portrayed again here. I wish I could have seen it!  Unfortunately it was only up for six hours before they took it down again!  Crazy, I would say keep it all up!

[6] This reminds me of a show my Dad loves to watch called Whale Wars.  These guys (and ladies) go out on a ship and do everything they can to stop whaling ships or slow them down.  Though it is a wonderful cause, I like this because of the cool water color look :)

[7] "They are just as afraid of you as you are of them!"



     

No comments:

Post a Comment