Saturday, December 11, 2010

family portraits and antique shops

We got our pictures taken today after probably three years without getting them done. Definitely necessary... Our old ones were... old.  So anyway, we had them taken in Scottsdale by a woman by the name of Marci and her husband Brian.  They were super nice, and It wasn't awkward or at all like I imagined it would be :D.  ha ha  I think their going to turn out awesome.  Cross your fingers :)
     Scottsdale is actually a pretty cool place.  I was wondering about it when we pulled in to the park we were getting our pictures done at, and the general population were men and women over the age of 60, but It actually turned out to be a cool place if your into pizza places, vintage-y ice cream shops, and trees with leaves that are changing color.  I'm kind of a dork, but I love antique/vintage shops and I was kind of hoping we would find some afterwords, but we didn't.  I love Bisbee and downtown Glendale, because If you can find the right places the streets are lined with antique stores and little handmade stuff shops.  There are about a block of cute little shops ran out of old houses in downtown Glendale, which I love, and in Bisbee the streets are literally lined with antique stores.  I have no idea how they keep up and running with all the competition! I don't care though, as long as they do stay up.  I loved our trip to Bisbee/Tombstone, but I'm not sure if we'll be going back very soon, as my Mom had a bad experience with a librarian, but I can still love it right? :) I want to post some new pictures I have been working on, well really some new some old, but I've been drawing a lot lately.  I don't have a sketch book (I've been told I should get one) but I think even if I did I would still have a bunch of loose odds and ends + papers.  I don't just sit down and say "I'm going to draw now and It's going to turn out great!" because a good half of the time they don't turn out good.  I don't know how people keep all of their ideas/ drawings in one place!  Believe me, I have tried, but I always end up ripping out paper for notes, and I still doodle on random papers that often get lost.  My point is, that I think if I post them here, I will still be able to go back to them even if I lose them. (which hopefully I won't) good idea? We'll see. Probably not.   :)

1 comment: