OK so this post, is dedicate to two things. Ladytron (cool new[to me] band) that i discovered yesterday afternoon and also Escher. Super cool artist and creative person. So i was browsing iTunes for A Fine Frenzy videos and a Ladytron video happened to be in the "people who bought this also bought..." bar. So i clicked on it and through it, found the video for seventeen. Which is actually kind of a creepy song, but you can't help but not want to listen to it over and over and over again, because it has such a cool/haunting/interesting sound to it. This video(above) is for their song called Blue Jeans, which i don't know what it's about yet, but i will figure it out. I love the makeup, the hair, the attitude of the video, and the lack of atmosphere.
OK, second on the list of things to talk/type about today is Escher. Full name Maurits Cornelis Escher. He wasn't the most gifted a math and actual learning, but his drawings, and prints were/are incredible. He died in 1972 at the age of 73. His mind bending, and perplexing works are still great today. (I've got a print of one hanging in my room) I got an email from a friend this morning, asking what my room/house looks like (random i know) which is what led me to want to learn more about M.C. Escher. I've had this picture hanging in my room for a long time, but my parents bought it at a yard sale for like 10 bucks in the late 90's. I've always thought it was cool, but i never really thought about the man who made it until recently.

No comments:
Post a Comment