Wednesday, May 26, 2010

i know. it really has been quite a long time since i last posted. actually i didn't check the date, i just feel like it's been far to long, as i've been on vacation for the weekend.  I'm kind of angry at myself really that i didn't get more pictures, but i'll just have to explain what i saw instead.  I know. I know.  I learn visually too, but this will just have to work.  Though we met a mean librarian, a few strange hobos walked past us, and 50% of the people we saw thoroughly creaped me out, there were also some really cool people/things to see.  There was at least one antique store on every street and all the houses were completely and utterly inspiring.  Each one was colorful and architecturally unique, unlike these copycat houses i live around.  With summer coming up in literally four days i'm hoping to get out of the partial creative slump i've been in.  I assure you this was caused by the lack of originality provided by both teachers and fellow students. Anyway. Back to vacation.  We toured a cave that was discovered in the 1970's (incredible minus the anxiety attack the humidity and lack of space gave me),wandered the streets of an amazing town, and some more stuff involving a ghost town.  At one point i actually saw a women in a wedding dress walking down the street.  interesting trip.  I love small towns and down towns.  Especially down town Phoenix, or Salt Lake City.  Both great :)  So i can't decide if i like this artist or not.  Her name is Polly Scattergood.  Look her up and decide for yourself.  I love the way her voice sounds in Please Don't Touch.  I love the lyrics and the way it all fits together.  Everything else i'm not so sure about though.  I havn't been listening long though so maybe i'll have a little bit of followup in my next post.  But probably not.  I don't know if i've told you about my forgetfulness or not, but it's a big problem for me.  I forget everything, therefore my hand is almost entirely covered in ink at all hours of the day.  Dang soap!  Washes it all off, and then everything is forgotten.  Poo.  I wish i had a picture of her to show you now, but my computer is sick and google is not working, or any other search engine for that matter.  Ugh.  So you'll just have to look her up.  Youtube is helpful as is iTunes.  So, go.  Go now.  and look her up, and comment.  That would be cool too.  Help me form an oppinion.  Wow, that's terrible.  Wait, don't help me- i like her-

  Day two-
alright. so this is day two of this post as it was cut short last time, i should probably read it through again, but it's a bit lengthy, so maybe i won't.   So as you can probably see i decided to go with a black background for a little bit.  I'm trying to find the perfect way to have my blog set up, but it'll take a while.  You'll know when it's done :)I'm still on the hunt for new and interesting artists, and today i'm listening to Marina and The Diamonds.  Look her up. now would be good. Like i was saying, she has a pretty good voice.  It's the kind of voice that could really be something, but it just isn't quite there.  It's difficult.  Lovely, and poppy, and fun to listen to.  For a few minutes.  After a while i'm kind of done with it and i want to move on.  Well, i guess i'll keep listening for a few minutes and we'll see.  I'm trying to get my thoughts on what i'm into out of a jumbled mess.  I've been trying to carry around a note book to keep lists and notes in, but in the end my hand is still covered in useless half washed off ink, and my notebook is full of drawings and poems.  Oh well.  Any suggestions? I would love some.  Because for a while writing on my hand was a part of me.  My style, my way of remembering things.  But i can't decide if maybe it's just tacky? No, tacky is not the right word.  Nevermind.  I'm using this as a space to remember things, therefore, if you see a list or two randomly posted, now you'll know what it is. unless you didn't read this, but you did, your reading it now :). here are a few links to artists i've mentioned. so forget my telling you to use iTunes, i guess this is iTunes, but still, just click on it. Go ahead you know you want to.  I hope my links aren't defective, because they're not working for me, but i guess we'll see. 
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/please-dont-touch-ep/id312264745
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-family-jewels/id371519868

No comments:

Post a Comment