Friday, April 1, 2011

Yard Sales, Art Shows and Inpsiration for the week

I have a few things on the list to post about today.  I'm actually really excited about this post.  (hi Grandma!)

1) I entered a few things into my school's art show this past week. (four actually)  I didn't expect to win anything, and because we were rushing to get to Allison's volleyball game, I was actually sort of hoping the art show would be short.  When we got to the award portion of the night, and kid (probably about 9 yrs.) comes up with a guitar. Cool. OK. You've caught my attention.  The funny thing about this was that throughout the whole night my Dad was trying to get a good picture of him.  He looks just like my uncle. (red head, freckles) Anyway, he sat down and played
-Elvis
-John Lennon
 Awesome! and he did really well. Not one mistake!
What I really wanted to say about the art show (before I got side tracked) was that I ended up winning a couple of awards for my art work! First I was called up to receive a third place ribbon for a green and white vase that I put in.  I was really excited after we all got over the fact that they totally screwed up my name. (I'm not Morgan for the 100th time) Note: I totally had a "that's not my name" moment there.
Second I was called up because I had won the Principal's Choice award! OK.  Lets just sit and think about how amazing this is for a minute.  Because really, my art was chosen out of everything submitted, to be hung on the wall among the other principals choice winners "Forever".  So naturally I was very excited.
 2) We're having a YARD SALE! :D Hurray!

Inspiration for the week:
      obsessed with this image! Charmaine Olivia [via:ffffound]     Caterina Zandonella - Cat Zaza  pretty packaging       .       Pat Perry  Bohemian days.....  
Also: Isn't this a cute idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment